Summary of Responsibilities
The Accountant I will assist the Finance department in creating timely and accurate financial statements. He/she will manage American Express charges through expense reports, and is responsible for reconciling credit card accounts and completing bank reconciliations.
- Analyze and keep track of American Express charges through expense reports.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all organization accounts.
- Prepare weekly summary of cash transactions and apprise the Finance team of organization cash flow requirements.
- Prepare reconciliation of the organization’s credit card accounts.
- Organize all contracts and agreements.
- Assist with month-end closing.
- Assist in the preparation of the organization’s budget.
- Prepare year-end schedules for and interface with external auditors.
- Provide general administrative support.
- Execute special projects as required.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of United States and foreign subsidiary Financial Accounting Standards, taxes, and other organizational compliance requirements.
- Personal computer literacy in a network environment with a Windows base; proficiency in Microsoft office applications and MAS 90.
- Strong organizational skills and a meticulous eye for detail; good proofreading skills.
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work well across departments.
- Ability to adapt to frequently shifting priorities.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Tight deadlines.
- Multiple priorities.
- Occasional overtime.
Education and Experience Requirements
The position requires a BBA /BS in Accounting or Finance and at least one or more years of relevant experience.
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Accountant I” and an indication of where you found this job listed in the subject line