Reports to: Senior Associate, Finance
Summary of Responsibilities
The Accountant I assists the Finance department in creating timely and accurate financial statements. He/she manages credit card charges through expense reports. He/she is responsible for accounts receivable and for reconciling credit cards accounts.
- Analyze and monitor credit card charges through expense reports.
- Manage accounts receivable and collections. Work strategically with relevant departments to ensure timely and accurate billing of all clients.
- Continuously update all incoming check deposits in accounting system.
- Assist Senior Director with collection function, and prepare monthly outstanding invoices reports.
- Prepare reconciliation of the organization credit cards accounts.
- Responsible for the organization of all contracts and legal agreements.
- Assist with month-end closing.
- Assist in the preparation of the organizational budget.
- Prepare year-end schedules for and interface with external auditors.
- Provide administrative support to CFO.
- Execute special projects as required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of Financial Accounting Standards, taxes, and other organizational compliance requirements.
- Personal computer literacy in a network environment with a Windows base; proficiency in Microsoft office applications & MAS 90.
- Highly organized with a meticulous eye for detail and good proofreading skills.
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work well across departments.
- Ability to adapt to frequently shifting priorities.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Tight deadlines.
- Multiple priorities.
- Occasional overtime.
Education and Experience Requirements
The position requires a BBA/BS in Accounting or Finance and at least one or more years of relevant experience.
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Accountant I” and an indication of where you found this job listed in the subject line.