Department: Marketing - Communications
Reports to: VP, Global Marketing & Corporate Communications
Summary of Responsibilities
Supporting the Communications team in media relations, social media, database management, and administrative functions. Opportunities for communications writing and working with media, video, and other communications applications.
• Coordinates media databases, tracks coverage, and generates reports for the VP Global Communications and other executive staff on media metrics and placements.
• Develops media-related materials, working closely with media relations and social media teams.
• Participates in and supports communications/media activities surrounding research launches, events, and media trainings and prep. Helps manage and develop content for web-based Media Center.
• Supports VP Communications and Communications staff with schedule management and administrative duties related to global communications consultants.
• Regularly updates media database, internal resources, and media materials archive.
Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and handle time-sensitive media-related situations, as well as deliver on longer-term projects.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of media—traditional and social—and aptitude for developing stories across all media platforms.
• Experience with Cision, Vocus, or other media database/retrieval service.
• Experience with social media.
• Collaborative work environment requiring a team player.
• Mission-driven, creative work environment at a service organization.
• Requires a candidate who takes initiative and is able to work independently.
• Tight deadlines.
• Occasional work outside of normal office hours.
Education and Experience Requirements
This position requires a BA or BS. Some experience in a communications setting is preferred. Fluency in a language in addition to English is a plus. This is a part-time position requiring 17.5 hours of work per week.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary history to email@example.com with “PT Communications Assistant” in the subject line. This position is based in our NYC office.