Department: Membership & Global Operations
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Summary of Responsibilities
As part of a growing global membership structure, the Executive Director (ED) of Catalyst India will play a key role in ensuring that Catalyst’s India operations are aligned with those of the global organization. The ED will be responsible for furthering Catalyst’s India strategy, growing the India business, and ensuring the delivery of high-quality products and services to a broad array of India-based constituencies, including corporate and professional member organizations, senior executives, the media, and other key stakeholders. This individual will lead the strategic growth of the organization in India. This is a full-time position, based in India, which offers flexibility and the opportunity to work from home.
Vision and Leadership
- As a member of Catalyst’s global membership and operations team, the ED will contribute to strategic direction, plans and policies for the global organization, growth, and expansion.
- Develop a vision and plan to support Catalyst’s continued expansion, evolution, and impact in the Indian marketplace.
- Create short and long-range plans to advance Catalyst’s reputation and impact in India, including media relations opportunities, timing, and the nature of Catalyst’s service offerings, among other activities.
- Work with the Chief Operating Officer, Catalyst global and India staff, other members of the Catalyst Managing Committee, and the Catalyst India Advisory Board to provide program vision and direction in order to grow and strengthen the Catalyst brand and move the organizational mission forward.
- Provide clear direction and motivation to all members of Team India (including global and India staff), develop direct reports’ annual performance goals and measures, conduct annual performance reviews, and provide all direct reports with ongoing and timely feedback and developmental guidance.
- Develop and execute an annual business plan, including budget, measures of success, and resources needed.
Advisory Board Relations
- Develop and maintain a strong working partnership with the Catalyst India Advisory Board.
- Working in conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer, identify candidates for the Catalyst India Advisory Board who will further Catalyst’s mission and ensure continued diversity on the Advisory Board.
- Develop agenda and lead meetings of the Catalyst India Advisory Board.
Build and Strengthen Brand
- Identify opportunities for Catalyst to speak to external constituencies regarding our mission, research, and services which assist companies in recruiting, retaining, and advancing women. Communicate trends and best practices.
- Develop and leverage an external network of resources and contacts which can be called upon for connections, information, and collaboration.
- Collaborate with membership teams in other regions to share best practices and design strategies to develop new members and better serve existing members.
New Business Development
- Lead the development and execution of market strategy, including goal-setting, market penetration of India-HQ companies, and media outreach.
- Secure new member organizations through the development and implementation of an outreach strategy.
- Identify and develop relevant content for member and prospect meetings, using Catalyst research and other resources.
- Build close working relationships and rapport with members of the Catalyst India Advisory Board, executives from Catalyst member organizations, and other key contacts.
- Lead the development and delivery of events and other programs to demonstrate the value of Catalyst membership and further Catalyst’s mission.
- Serve as key contact (“relationship manager”) to designated Catalyst member companies, maintaining regular contact with members regarding upcoming events/research, their needs and issues, communicating Catalyst benefits, and responding to member requests.
- Work with the New York membership team to coordinate billing and on-boarding of new members.
- Build and maintain in-depth knowledge of Catalyst member benefits, research, and services.
- With advice from the VP, Global Marketing and Corporate Communications, and contract support from an external agency, serve as a key spokesperson for the organization, affecting opinion, actions and policy through both proactive and reactive media outreach.
- Serve as a spokesperson for Catalyst at a variety of speaking venues, including research releases, media briefings, media interviews, conferences and corporate sessions.
- Communicate the mission and work of the organization to senior level executives and at major speaking venues.
Knowledge and Skills
- A recognized leader in his or her organization with a record of launching, leading, and/or contributing to successful initiatives to advance women in the workplace.
- Broad knowledge of and experience in corporate India and general knowledge of issues facing working women in India and Asia.
- Experience working for or with U.S.-headquartered or other multinational companies
- Strategic thinking and the ability to recognize and leverage opportunities related to Catalyst's mission.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex ideas and research findings to a wide range of audiences, from line managers to senior executives.
- Experience in consulting services, sales, human resources, or other related areas with a demonstrated record of goal achievement.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with well-developed interpersonal skills, an understanding of and commitment to customer service, and a professional demeanor.
- Ability to play a leadership role in a highly team-oriented, virtual work environment.
- Understands how organizational and societal change is effected and how to identify opportunities to promote and further that change.
- Strong client-facing experience and abilities, including project planning and oversight and problem-solving.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and exceptional attention to detail.
- Personal computer proficiency in a networked Windows environment.
Education and Experience Requirements
Minimum of 10 years of leadership experience in corporate, nonprofit, and/or academic organizations. Master’s, MBA, PhD, or other advanced degree in a related field. The ideal candidate is an accomplished executive who can work effectively with Catalyst’s corporate and community constituencies. This individual is passionate about Catalyst’s mission and has the skills and experience necessary to move Catalyst India forward in pursuit of that mission.
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and salary history to [email protected] with “Executive Director, India” and the source where you found this job listing in the subject line.