Internship at Catalyst, Inc.
Catalyst is looking for an undergraduate student seeking credit for an unpaid internship to work in its Communications Department.
Founded in 1962, Catalyst is the leading nonprofit membership organization expanding opportunities for women and business. With offices in the United States, Canada, Europe, and India, and more than 600 members, Catalyst is the trusted resource for research, information, and advice about women at work. Catalyst annually honors exemplary organizational initiatives that promote women’s advancement with the Catalyst Award.
Interns who work for Catalyst’s Communications Department will gain valuable experience, skills, and developmental experiences through a variety of tasks relevant to today’s media professional including:
- Learning media personnel needs and communication styles.
- Tracking, recording, and evaluating Catalyst’s media hits.
- Working with social media team to increase Catalyst’s social media presence and engagement.
- Participating in interviews with Catalyst researchers.
- Managing contacts database.
- Assist in developing and managing social media campaigns.
- Developing study key messaging and Q&A materials.
- Reporting Catalyst’s news and impact.
- Planning and coordinating speaking engagements.
- Contacting media personnel to highlight Catalyst research.
- Learning about research regarding diversity, gender, and workplace.
- Monitor trends in social media tools and applications.
- Interns will work directly with the Vice President of Global Communication and the Communications Manager, who will supervise, train, and observe their work efforts and tasks.
This internship is a part-time, for-credit internship, requiring approximately 15-25 hours per week. Ideally, we are seeking an intern who can commit to at least 3 partial days a week (Monday- Thursday). The internship will begin in September 2013. The end date is flexible based on the intern’s schedule.
Interns are required to have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), in-depth understanding of popular social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), strong communications skills, and proficient writing skills. This internship is unpaid and open only to students seeking academic credit for an internship.
If you are interested in this internship, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In the cover letter, please address the following topics: (1) Why you want to intern at Catalyst; (2) What you would like to work on/what you expect from the internship; (3) What unique skills and abilities you could bring to the role; and (4) Offer a proposed work schedule.