Diversity and Inclusion Reseach Internship at Catalyst, Inc.
Catalyst’s Research Department is looking for an undergraduate or graduate student seeking credit for an unpaid internship.
What Would I Do to Support the Team?
Interns for Catalyst’s Research Department will gain in-depth training and valuable experience in a variety of tasks relevant to advancing women and building inclusive environments. Interns will work directly with a Research Associate, as well as with other full-time staff and managers, who will supervise, train, and observe their work.
- Supporting the development of new Diversity & Inclusion practices through:
- Conducting research across a number of topic areas to identify potential Diversity & Inclusion practices.
- Contributing to background research and literature review to support Diversity & Inclusion practices and upcoming tools.
- Tracking requests for and member usage of Diversity & Inclusion practices.
- Fact-checking knowledge products and tools.
- Helping to create Catalyst Award and Diversity & Inclusion practices FAQs and resources, including updating Catalyst’s internal knowledge-sharing platform (intranet).
- Contributing to the planning, organization, and management of the department’s new Diversity & Inclusion practices recognition program.
- Assisting the Research team with other project work as needed.
What is the Schedule Like?
This internship is a part-time position requiring approximately 15-20 hours per week. The length of the internship and weekly work schedule are flexible, and interns may work on certain tasks from home. Virtual interns will also be considered.
What are the Requirements?
Interns are required to have basic to intermediate skills in web research, an understanding of general research principles, strong attention to detail, and some writing experience. Interns must be motivated, technologically savvy, have initiative and a sense of urgency, and be able to work independently. Though welcome, previous research and/or corporate work experience is not required; on-the-job training will be provided as part of the internship.
This internship is unpaid and open only to students eligible to receive academic credit for an internship.
If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address the following in your cover letter: (1) Why you want to work for Catalyst, (2) What you would like to work on/what you expect from the internship, (3) What unique skills and abilities you would bring to this role, and (4) Your proposed work schedule.