Internship at Catalyst, Inc.
Catalyst is looking for an undergraduate or graduate student seeking credit for an unpaid internship in its Government Affairs Department.
Catalyst is the leading nonprofit organization with a mission to expand opportunities for women and business. We are dedicated to creating more inclusive workplaces where employees representing every dimension of diversity can thrive. We act as a catalyst through our pioneering research, our tools and services, our events, and our Awards. Together, our offerings raise awareness of how diversity benefits today’s global businesses, and provide guidance on how to enact real change.
The Government Affairs Department provide supports and provides advice and recommendations on the development of Catalyst’s public positions on various social/government policies.
Interns who work for Catalyst’s Government Affairs Department will gain valuable experience
through a variety of tasks relevant to today’s non-profit professional including:
- Attending events/seminars/briefings and providing feedback in the form of memos to the Government Affairs team.
- Participating in appropriate intern networking events.
- Listening in on Government Affairs related conference calls and providing feedback to the Government Affairs team.
- Reviewing national and local news sources daily and notifying the Government Affairs team of relevant and important news reports/legislative initiatives/Catalyst priorities.
- Working with the Government Affairs team to Update/Master/Track the Government Affairs priorities,initiatives and successes.
- Provide research support.
- Provide administrative support.
- Monitor state, local and federal government activities.
- Review or attend hearings, symposiums, and briefings.
- Interns will work directly with the Senior Director of Government Affairs and the Government Affairs Associate, who will supervise, train, and observe their work efforts and tasks
This internship is a part time to full time position, requiring approximately 12-20 hours per week. The length of the internship and weekly work schedule are flexible.
This internship is unpaid and open only to students seeking credit for an internship.
If you are interested in this internship, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In the cover letter, please address the following topics: (1) Why you want to work for Catalyst; (2) What you would like to work on/what you expect from the internship; (3) What unique skills and abilities you could bring to the role; and (4) Offer a proposed work schedule.