Internship at Catalyst, Inc.
Catalyst is looking for an undergraduate or graduate student seeking credit for an unpaid internship in its Research Department.
Catalyst is the leading nonprofit membership organization working to build inclusive workplaces and expand opportunities for women and business. Catalyst's Research Department is responsible for formulating, conducting, and publishing cutting-edge studies and practical guides about the retention, development, and advancement of women in business. Catalyst’s knowledge comprises more than four decades of groundbreaking research and consulting experiences on issues relating to women’s advancement in business and the professions.
What Would I Do Supporting the Team?
Interns who work for Catalyst’s Research Department will gain in-depth training and valuable experience in a variety of tasks relevant to advancing women and building inclusive environments.
Sample responsibilities may include:
- Support the development of new Practices through (including but not limited to):
- Conducting research across a number of topic areas and geographic regions to identify potential Practices.
- Contributing to background research and literature review that will support Practices and upcoming tools.
- Tracking requests, member-usage, and legal contracts of Practices.
- Fact-checking research knowledge products and tools.
- Help create Catalyst Award and Practices FAQs and resources; including updating Catalyst’s internal knowledge-sharing platform (intranet).
- Contribute to planning, organization, and management of the department’s new Practices recognition program.
- Assist Research team with other project work, as available and applicable.
Interns will work directly with a Senior Research Associate and other full-time staff and managers, who will supervise, train, and observe their work efforts and tasks.
What is the Schedule Like?
This internship is a part-time position, requiring approximately 15-20 hours per week. The length of the internship and weekly work schedule are flexible, and interns may work from home for certain tasks. Virtual interns will also be considered.
What are the Requirements?
Interns are required to have basic to intermediate skills in web research, an understanding of general research principles, strong attention to detail, and some writing experience. Interns must be motivated, possess initiative and a sense of urgency, be technologically savvy, and be able to work independently. Though welcome, previous research and/or corporate work experience is not required, and on-the-job training will be provided as part of the internship. This internship is unpaid and open only to those students seeking credit for an internship.
If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. In the cover letter, please address the following topics: (1) Why you want to work for Catalyst; (2) What you would like to work on/what you expect from the internship; (3) What unique skills and abilities you could bring to the role; and (4) Offer a proposed work schedule.