Department: Information Center
Reports to: Senior Associate
Catalyst is the leading nonprofit membership organization working to build inclusive workplaces and expand opportunities for women and business. Catalyst’s Social Media Team is a cross-departmental team that is responsible for Catalyst’s presence on; Twitter, Facebook, Google +, YouTube , LinkedIn ,Catalyzing .
Catalyst is seeking a Bachelor’s or Master’s student eligible to receive academic credit for an unpaid internship focusing on social media.
Since Catalyst is a small organization and different employees across various departments are responsible for maintaining our presence on social media, this position is a great way to gain exposure to various aspects of a non-profit’s approach on social media. Projects include:
- Work with Social Media Team leaders to track Catalyst’s social media presence and level of user engagement.
- Assist in developing and managing social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy, writing content, community-outreach efforts, special promotions, etc.
- Become an advocate for Catalyst in social media spaces, engaging in dialogue and answering questions where appropriate.
- Regularly share feedback and insights gained from social media monitoring to help Catalyst evolve our overall social media strategy.
- Monitor trends in social media tools and applications.
- Help grow Men Advocating for Real Change (http://onthemarc.org/), Catalyst’s new online community aimed at engaging men in the gender diversity movement.
The length of the internship and weekly work schedules are flexible. Interns may work on certain tasks from home. Virtual interns will also be considered.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of popular social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) and how they can best be deployed to further Catalyst’s goals.
- Effective written communication and ability to build and maintain relationships across different formats.
- Willingness to be a team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide others when necessary.
- Good technical understanding and the ability to master new tools quickly.
- Familiarity or formal experience with public relations, marketing, sales, or community management experience a plus.
This internship is open only to those students seeking credit for an internship.
If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Cheryl Yanek, Senior Associate Librarian at the Information Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address the following in your cover letter: (1) Why you want to work for Catalyst, (2) What you would like to work on/what you expect from the internship, and (3) Your proposed work schedule.