Department: Member Relations
Reports to: Director, Member Relations
Summary of Responsibilities
Under the Director of Member Relations, the Membership Coordinator provides support for all membership services and revenue-generating activities undertaken by the Member Relations Department. This position focuses on current member activity, maintenance, and reporting. The Membership Coordinator also provides administrative support for department staff, relationship managers, and the relationship management process. This position is based in the New York City office.
- Responsible for member support including: inputting and reconciling financial data, tracking member activities (i.e., mailings, correspondence, and interactions), and membership reporting.
- Providing general day-to-day administrative support for department staff.
- Updating database and records.
- Maintaining department files.
- Invoicing members.
- Forwarding completed invoice requests for members to finance.
- Emailing members invoices generated by finance.
- Providing support and guidance to Relationship Managers, and facilitating interactive dialogue between RMs and Member Relations department.
- Serving as a Relationship Manager to designated companies.
- Providing onboarding support to new Relationship Managers (i.e., salesforce training, internal processes).
- Preparing resources and letters for outreach to members.
- Continuously interacting with members via email and phone.
Knowledge and Skills
- High level of computer literacy in a networked Windows environment, including database management.
- General understanding of business environments and issues facing women in the workplace.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, and very detail oriented.
- Ability to work well independently or with a team, using effective organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-management skills.
- Great proofreading skills, highly accurate.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple project responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to participate actively and appropriately in internal/external meetings.
- Resilience and flexibility; ability to operate effectively under conditions of uncertainty.
Catalyst offers rewarding careers with competitive salaries and excellent benefits in a fun, fast-paced environment. You will handle heavy computer use, tight deadlines, multiple priorities, and work with confidential issues and data. You may have multiple reporting relationships.
Education and Experience
This position requires a BA /BS and one to three or more years of progressive experience. Some nonprofit development experience is a plus.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary history to [email protected] with “Membership Coordinator” in the subject line.