Department: Member Relations
Reports to: Executive Director, Canada
Summary of Responsibilities
Under the leadership of the Executive Director, Canada, this relationship management and sales professional will be responsible for contributing to the development of a strategy to support Catalyst’s market expansion in Alberta, recruiting new member organizations, managing a portfolio of member organizations, and supporting the development and delivery of member services and events in the Alberta and British Columbia markets. This is a “solutions-oriented” position that uses consultative sales techniques. The successful candidate will work out of his/her home office in Calgary.
- Serve as key contact (“Member Liaison”) to designated Catalyst member companies, maintaining regular contact with members regarding upcoming events/research, their needs and issues, communicating Catalyst benefits and following-up on member requests.
- Work with global membership team to coordinate billing and on-boarding of new members.
- Support development and execution of one or more regional events to convene members and prospects.
- Identify external speaking opportunities for Catalyst Executives to communicate our organization’s mission, research, and services.
- Develop and leverage an external network of resources and contacts that can be called upon for connections and information.
- Represent Catalyst at select events attended by executives in Alberta and British Columbia.
- Collaborate with membership teams in other regions to share best practices and design strategies to develop new members and better serve existing members.
New Business Development
- Responsible for increasing awareness of the benefits of Catalyst membership in Alberta and British Columbia and securing new members from an existing pipeline of prospects.
- Build and maintain knowledge of Catalyst member benefits, research, and services.
- Identify and develop the relevant content for member and prospect meetings, using Catalyst research and other resources.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in consulting services, sales, business development, human resource services or other related area with a demonstrated record of goal achievement.
- Broad knowledge of and experience in the corporate world with general knowledge of issues facing working women.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with well-developed interpersonal skills, an understanding of and commitment to customer service and a professional demeanor.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to recognize and leverage opportunities related to Catalyst's mission.
- Ability to speak publicly to a wide range of audiences, from line managers to senior executives.
- Passionate about promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Strong client-facing experience and abilities, including project planning and oversight, and problem solving.
- The ability to play a leadership role in a highly team-oriented, virtual work environment.
- Outstanding written/verbal communication and outstanding attention to detail.
- Personal computer proficiency in a networked Windows environment.
- Heavy computer use.
- Tight deadlines.
- Multiple priorities.
- Work with confidential issues and data.
- Ability to be highly effective while self-managed.
- Matrixed reporting relationships.
- Some travel is required.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, social science, or organizational development, or a related field of study preferred. As well as minimum five years of progressively responsible business development, relationship management, consultative sales, client service, member relations or consulting work experience. Experience with dealing with human resources and/or diversity is a plus. Applicants with an established network of contacts in the business community and an MBA are preferred.
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, salary history to [email protected] with Membership Manager, Calgary, and the source where you found this job posted in the subject line. This is a full-time, maternity leave contract. The anticipated start date is August, 2013 and will end approximately one year from the start date.