Department: Member Relations
Reports to: Executive Director, Canada
Summary of Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced relationship management professional. Under the leadership of the VP in Canada, this sales professional will be responsible for developing a member outreach strategy in Quebec, recruiting new member organizations, managing a portfolio of member organizations, and leading the development and delivery of member services and events. This is a “solutions-oriented” position that uses consultative sales techniques. The Membership Manager develops and maintains in-depth relationships with assigned regional member organizations, cultivates new memberships in new industries and in new geographies, and participates in high-profile external events and speaking engagements. This position is based out of Montreal.
- Membership prospecting
- Responsible for new member development via prospecting, qualifying, selling, and closing new Catalyst memberships.
- Developing relationships
- Develop and maintain prospect and member list for membership leads.
- Speak to external constituencies regarding Catalyst’s mission, research, and services that assist companies in recruiting, retaining and advancing women, including communicating trends and best practices.
- Develop and leverage an external network of resources and contacts that can be called upon for connections and information.
- Collaborate with membership teams in other regions to share best practices and design strategies to gain new members and better serve existing members.
- Developing expertise
- Build and maintain in-depth knowledge of Catalyst member benefits, research, and services.
- Identify and develop the relevant content for member and prospect meetings, using Catalyst research and other resources.
- Represent Catalyst at select events attended by executives in your region.
- Support development and execution of regional events to convene members and prospects.
- Relationship management
- Develop and proactively manage relationships with contacts at assigned member companies through email, phone, and in-person contact.
- Serve as Relationship Manager to designated Catalyst member companies, maintaining regular contact with them regarding upcoming events/research, their needs and issues, Catalyst benefits, and their particular requests.
- Work with membership team to coordinate billing and on-boarding of new members.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in consulting services, fundraising, human resource services, or other related area with a demonstrated record of achieving goals.
- Broad knowledge of and experience in the corporate world, as well as general knowledge of issues facing working women.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, an understanding of and commitment to customer service, and a professional demeanor.
- The ability to thank strategically and recognize and leverage opportunities related to Catalyst's mission.
- The ability to speak publicly to a wide range of audiences, from line managers to senior executives.
- Passion for promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Strong client-facing experience and abilities, including project planning and oversight and problem solving.
- The ability to play a leadership role in a highly team-oriented, virtual work environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, and outstanding attention to detail.
- Personal computer proficiency in a networked Windows environment.
- Bilingual in English and French.
You will handle heavy computer use, tight deadlines, multiple priorities, and work with confidential issues and data. Although you will be part of a close-knit team, you will work out of your home office. Some travel is required.
Education and Experience Requirements
The Membership Manager position requires a minimum of a BA or BS or equivalent, preferably in business, marketing, social science, organizational development, or a related field of study, and five to eight or more years of progressively responsible business development, relationship management, consultative sales, client service, member relations, or consulting work experience. Experience interacting with human resources, diversity, and/or fundraising professionals is a plus. Applicants with an established network of contacts in the business community and an MBA are preferred.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary history to [email protected] with “Membership Manager-Montreal” in the subject line.