Department: Member Relations
Reports to: VP, Canada
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced relationship management professional. Under the leadership of the VP in Canada, this sales professional will be responsible for developing a member outreach strategy, recruiting new member organizations, managing a portfolio of member organizations, leading the development and delivery of member services and events. This is a "solutions-oriented" position that uses consultative sales techniques. The Membership Manager develops and maintains in-depth relationships with assigned regional member organizations, cultivates new memberships in new industries and in new geographies, and participates in high-profile external events and speaking engagements. This position is based out of the Toronto office.
- Responsible for new member development via prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing new Catalyst memberships.
- Develop and maintain prospect and member list for membership leads.
- Speak to external constituencies regarding Catalyst's mission, research and services which assist companies in recruiting, retaining and advancing women, including communicating trends and best practices.
- Develop and leverage an external network of resources and contacts that can be called upon for connections and information.
- Collaborate with membership teams in other regions to share best practices, and design strategies to develop new members and better serve existing members.
- Build and maintain in-depth knowledge of Catalyst member benefits, research, and services.
- Identify and develop the relevant content for member and prospect meetings, using Catalyst research and other resources.
- Represent Catalyst at select events attended by executives in your region.
- Support development and execution of regional events to convene members and prospects.
- Develop and proactively manage relationships with contacts at assigned member companies through email, phone and in-person contact.
- Serve as Relationship Manager to designated Catalyst member companies, maintaining regular contact with members regarding upcoming events/research, their requests and issues, and Catalyst benefits.
- Work with membership team to coordinate billing and on-boarding of new members.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in consulting services, fundraising, human resource services or other related area, with a demonstrated record of goal achievement.
- Broad knowledge of and experience in the corporate world; general knowledge of issues facing working women.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, an understanding of and commitment to customer service, and a professional demeanor.
- Ability to think strategically and recognize and leverage opportunities related to Catalyst's mission.
- Ability to speak publicly to a wide range of audiences, from line managers to senior executives.
- Passionate about promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Strong client-facing experience and abilities, including overseeing and planning projects and solving problems.
- Ability to play a leadership role in a highly team-oriented, virtual work environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and outstanding attention to detail.
- Personal computer proficiency in a networked Windows environment
You will handle heavy computer use, tight deadlines, and multiple priorities, and work with confidential issues and data. Although you will work as part of a close-knit team, you will have the option of working either remotely or in Catalyst's Toronto office. Some travel is required.
Education and Experience Requirements
The Membership Manager position requires a minimum of a BA or BS or equivalent, preferably in business, marketing, social science, or organizational development, or a related field of study and five to eight or more years of progressively responsible business development, relationship management, consultative sales, client service, member relations, or consulting work experience. Experience with dealing with human resources, diversity and/or fundraising is a plus. Applicants with an established network of contacts in the business community and an MBA are preferred.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] with "Membership Manager (Toronto)" and the source of the job listing in the subject line.