Reports To: Vice President, Research
Summary of Responsibilities
The part-time Research Fellow supports, manages, executes, and leads components of research projects examining issues related to women in business, from conceptualization through creating reports or other tools relevant to a business audience. The incumbent will join Catalyst’s Research Center for Equity in Business Leadership. The Fellow will have experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Supports, manages, and leads components of Catalyst’s research on corporate boards of directors and executive teams, with a focus on designing and fielding electronic surveys, designing and conducting qualitative interviews, analyzing data, and synthesizing findings.
- Conducts social science and business literature reviews and annotates and summarizes articles. Updates the Center’s “living bibliography.”
- Participates in writing high-quality reports, tools, and other knowledge products designed and written for the business community.
- Demonstrates strong management abilities, including project planning and oversight, ability to conceptualize systems/processes/projects, and problem-solving.
- Builds content expertise.
- Drafts presentation materials for internal and external audiences.
- Cleans and imports historical data into Catalyst’s longitudinal Census database.
- Functions as a member of the CRCEBL team; participates in and contributes to Center team meetings and discussions.
- Contributes to and/or develops content for updates to Center stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to support and manage a research project.
- Skilled in mixed methods approaches to applied social research; considerable experience withanalysis tools such as SPSS or other statistical packages.
- Research design experience.
- Flexible and able to adapt to accommodate new opportunities; comfortable with ambiguity.
- Self-starter who can work autonomously and is comfortable working on virtual/geographically-dispersed teams.
- Meticulous eye for detail.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong, succinct writing, both for business and academic audiences.
- Ability to generate new ideas and creative solutions.
- Background in gender studies is desirable.
- Knowledge of corporate governance and/or boards of directors is a plus.
- Tight deadlines.
- Work with confidential issues and data.
- Multiple reporting relationships.
Education and Experience Requirements
MA or MS required, preferably in the field of social science, business, or public administration, and three years or more of progressively responsible work experience in applied research and/or consulting.
This is a temporary positon and will not cover tuition. Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Research Fellow, Catalyst Research Center for Equity in Business Leadership”, and the source where you found this job posted in the subject line. The location of this position is flexible – please indicate the Catalyst office from which you would prefer to work, or the city of your home office.