Reports To: Senior Associate
Summary of Responsibilities
The Research Associate will work as a member of the Catalyst Center for Equity in Business Leadership (CCEBL) team. One of four Research Centers, CCEBL conducts research on the representation of women in the workplace globally, identifying gender gaps and paying particular attention to corporate boards and executive teams. The Research Associate will focus primarily on the Catalyst Census reports, which track the gender leadership gap in the U.S. and Canada.
- Manages Catalyst Fortune 500 and Financial Post 500 Census projects: this includes developing a project timeline; tracking project updates; hiring, training, and supervising interns; managing the Census database; and maintaining Census project manuals.
- Conducts primary and secondary data collection, cleaning, and coding.
- Contributes to expansion of the CCEBL, including the development of research methodologies, literature reviews, and new topics or products.
- Collaborates with other Catalyst departments to inform and extend Census reach.
- Conducts in-depth social science and business literature reviews; annotates and summarizes articles.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent management abilities, including project planning and oversight, conceptualizing systems/processes/projects, strong organizational skills, and problem-solving.
- Strong research skills, including database management, collecting, cleaning, and coding data, and research design.
- Meticulous eye for detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility, willingness to adapt to accommodate new opportunities, comfort with ambiguity.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to represent Catalyst to external audiences.
- Able to apply creative problem-solving and analytical skills to research projects.
- Functions effectively as a member of a team, as well as independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software suite (including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
Education and Experience Requirements
This position requires a BA or BS in social science, business management, or organizational development, and three or more years of research-heavy work experience. An MA or MS degree may be considered as a substitute for 1-2 years of work experience. Experience with statistical analysis, SPSS, and data conversions is a plus.
- Project management focus.
- Tight deadlines.
- Work with confidential issues and data.
- Team structure, multiple reporting relationships.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary history to [email protected] with “Research Associate” and an indication of where you found this job listed in the subject line. This is a full-time position (35 hours per week).