The 2012 Catalyst Census: Fortune 500 Women Executive Officers and Top Earners provides critical statistics to gauge women’s advancement into leadership and highlights the gender diversity gap. Each year Catalyst tracks:
- Women’s share of all Executive Officer and top earner positions.
- Companies with 0 percent, 25 percent or more, and 40 percent or more women Executive Officers.
The appendices provide additional points of comparison by region and industry, as well as list companies with the highest and lowest representation of women Executive Officers.
- In 2012, women held 14.3 percent of Executive Officer positions at Fortune 500 companies and 8.1 percent of Executive Officer top earner positions.
- In both 2011 and 2012, one-fifth of companies had 25 percent or more women Executive Officers, yet more than one-quarter had no women.
- 2012 Catalyst Census: Fortune 500 Appendix 1—Methodology
- 2012 Catalyst Census: Fortune 500 Appendix 5—Companies With 25% Or More Women Executive Officers
- 2012 Catalyst Census: Fortune 500 Appendix 6—Companies With Zero Women Executive Officers
- 2012 Catalyst Census: Fortune 500 Appendix 7—Women's Representation By Region
- 2012 Catalyst Census: Fortune 500 Appendix 8—Women's Representation By NAICS Industry
Mentor Circle Sponsor: Ernst & Young
Research Partners: Bloomberg, BMO Financial Group, Chevron Corporation, Credit Suisse, Dell Inc., Deloitte LLP, Desjardins Group, Deutsche Bank AG, Ernst & Young, General Motors Company, Hewlett-Packard Company, IBM Corporation, KeyBank, McDonald’s Corporation, Sodexo, Inc., UPS