Brainstorm for #IWD2019
Catalyst Can Help Your Organization Celebrate #IWD2019
This year’s theme is #BalanceforBetter. How do you want to celebrate?
#BiasCorrect Your Words
Check out our #BiasCorrect campaign tools including videos on unconscious gender bias, the #BiasCorrect Plug-In, and custom photos to help us spark a conversation around this very important issue and inspire people to become a catalyst for gender equality.
Plan or Join an Event
- Plan to attend the 2019 Catalyst Awards Conference and Dinner: Join Catalyst on March 14 to honor the 2019 Catalyst Award winners and celebrate women’s contributions to the world. We’re gathering a prestigious group of speakers and attendees at the New York Hilton Midtown for a full-day Conference and gala Dinner. See you there!
- Join our webinar: Sign up for this webinar taking place on the eve of International Women’s Day to learn the steps you and your organization can take to create a more inclusive workplace for all individuals, and hear about the resources you can use to make this happen.
- Speaking Engagement: Catalyst experts can join you for a discussion on a variety of topics such as inclusive leadership; myth-busting around the gender gap; mentoring and sponsorship; work-life effectiveness; employee resource groups; unconscious biases; women on boards; Millennials, and more.
- Roundtables: Offer employees the opportunity to meet with your Chief Human Resources Officer or Chief Diversity Officer at a roundtable and gather meaningful feedback from them.
- Leading Women Panel: Catalyst can facilitate a panel featuring senior women leaders from your organization talking about their career experiences. Consider inviting clients as well. Add a visual component by playing Catalyst’s “Barriers” video to kick off your event.
- Host a Speed-Mentoring Event: Bring together high-potential women and senior leaders for 10-minute mentoring sessions.
- Donate: Give to an organization that supports women and/or girls.
Educate and Take Action
- Engage Men: Invite men in your organization to join MARC (Men Advocating Real Change), an online community created by Catalyst for professionals committed to achieving equality in the workplace. Ask one of your senior male leaders to write a post on our MARC blog.
- Actions Men Can Take To Create An Inclusive Workplace
- Actions Women Can Take To Support Men’s Engagement
- Read Catalyzing: Take a few minutes to read our latest Catalyzing blog posts. Share your new learnings via social media.
- Leverage Your Intranet: Get creative! Feature career profiles about women leaders from your organization in the days leading up to IWD. Post 30-second videos of leaders sharing their views on issues related to women’s advancement.
- Watch a Webinar: Gather a group to view one of Catalyst’s recorded webinars. Watch one of Catalyst’s International Women’s Day webinars. Check out our Event Calendar for upcoming webinars.
- Engage Employee Resource Groups: Connect ERGs to Catalyst’s Employee Resource Leadership Initiative (ERLI) to learn more about our virtual events, roundtables, and the annual ERLI Conference.
- Organize a Raffle: Raffle off coffee or breakfast with your most senior woman leader.
- Become an Inclusive Leader: To engage people of all backgrounds, learn more about inclusive leadership by checking out the CatalystX Inclusive Leadership Courses on edX.org.
Align With Catalyst as an International Women’s Day Chosen Charity
- Provide an IWD 2019 statement on behalf of your organization regarding how your company supports gender parity such as those made in 2017.
- Explore becoming a 2019 IWD Supporter.
- Plan an IWD event supporting the IWD 2019 campaign theme using IWD resources and Catalyst knowledge and expertise.
Share Catalyst Resources
- Blog: 10 Steps to Create Inclusive Workplaces
- Blog: 10 More Steps to Create Inclusive Workplaces
- Infographic: Inclusion Matters
- Report: Inclusive Leadership: The View From Six Countries
- Quiz: Are you An Inclusive Leader?
- Infographic: Be Inclusive Every Day
- Tool: Actions Men Can Take To Create An Inclusive Workplace
- Infographic: Negotiate Your Way To A More Challenging and Satisfying Role
- Infographic: Empower Your Employees To Negotiate More Challenging and Satisfying Roles
- Infographic: Conversation Ground Rules
Join us at the 2019 Catalyst Awards Conference at the New York Hilton Midtown on Thursday, March 14, 2019. Conference passes are…
Join us at the annual Catalyst Awards Dinner at the New York Hilton Midtown on Thursday, March 14, 2019. For more than 30…
Give Your Managers the Skills to Succeed Leading With Inclusion workshops are a blended-learning curriculum that empowers women and men leaders…
Everyone can be a great leader—inspiring others and helping them feel included and engaged. Join Catalyst, in partnership with edX,…